Dear International Students and Teachers,
We announce the Rules & Procedures No. 1615/2021/2022 of the Rector of the University of Bielsko-Biala of the 15th February 2022
in regards to preventing the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus among the academic community of the University of Bielsko-Biala.
1) Taking into consideration the dynamically changing situation of the pandemic and the incidences of individuals within the academic community of the University of Bielsko-Biala falling ill due to the SARS-CoV-2 virus, during the period from the 21st of February 2022 until the 27th of February 2022 classes which were supposed to be carried out on-campus will be cancelled (Art. 1/1).
2) During this period, the classes planned to be conducted in the premises of the University will take place on the same days and hours, but in a fully remote mode, using methods and techniques of distance learning (Art. 1/2).
3) Also, the verification of effectiveness of learning, which includes tests and examinations, as well as the defence of theses, will be carried out only in an online form. (Art Art. 1/5).
4) The student dormitory will implement a restriction on the reserving of accommodation which lasts for less than 30 days (Art. 2/6).
5) The library of the University of Bielsko-Biala will remain open, still following pandemic restrictions. In rooms dedicated to individuals utilising the library, it will be prohibited for more than 15 people, or more than 1 individual per 15 m2, to be in the room, not including the librarian. Before the entrance to the library there will be information about these limits, which will be observed. Individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are excluded from these limits, provided they are able to show proof of their vaccination, either in the form of an EU Digital COVID Certificate, a certificate of vaccination, or a negative COVID test result and proof of recovery. (Art. 2/7).
6) In campus buildings workers and students have an obligation to cover their nose and mouth with the use of a face mask. (Art. 2/9).
7) Every time a worker or student enters a campus building, and before entering a classroom, they should disinfect their hands with the use of anti-bacterial gel. (Art. 2/10)
8) Individuals with a body temperature of over 37.5c should immediately vacate the campus building they are in, as well as the campus itself (Art. 2/11).
Your UBB IRO
Published: 16 February 2022