From Saturday, February 27, new regulations enter into force:
- People entering Poland from the Czech Republic and Slovakia will have to be quarantined. The exception will be people who previously received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- In Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship hotels, shopping malls, cinemas, theaters, museums, galleries, swimming pools and tennis courts will be closed due to the quick spread of the coronavirus.
- The mouth and nose will have to be covered with a mask. It is prohibited to use scarves and visor masks instead of a mask.
Stay healthy and safe!
Your IRO UBB
The Department of Computer Science and Automatics launched a new Erasmus+ Project entitled Innovations for Big Data in a Real World (iBIG World). The project aims to join together HEIs, business in order to address the competencies and compatible job profile. This collaboration will provide innovative solutions to develop BigData experts. The project's learning framework is based on IEEE guidelines for big data in Machine Learning.
The project is carried out by a consortium of four universities: the University of Bielsko-Biała, University of Library Studies and Information Technology (Bulgaria), University of Nis (Serbia), and Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. The consortium is coordinated by professor Vasyl Martsenyuk.
Find out more about the project: http://ibigworld.ni.ac.rs/
Most of our Erasmus+ students from Spain, Turkey, and Madeira have already arrived! Welcome to Poland!
Please take note of the following information that will help you prepare for the beginning of your studies.
- The summer semester begins next Monday, February 22. The lecture period ends on 14.04.2021. For more information click here.
- Due to corona restrictions, most courses will be offered online until further notice.
- Our Welcome Days will be organized at the start of next week. You will be able to meet other students, learn more about Bielsko-Biala, Poland and Polish culture, and last but not least, about the University of Bielsko-Biala. The first virtual Welcome Meeting is on Monday, February 22, 18:00-19:30. To join the meeting, please use the MS Teams code and/or the link that was sent to you by Mrs. Dagmara Mika.
- Please note the regularly updated information about the Covid-19 situation for international students.
Our students from the University of Madeira. Photo: ABK
University of Bielsko-BialaWillowa 2
International Relations Office
phone.: +48 (33) 8279 356
phone./fax: +48 (33) 8279 447