University of Bielsko-BialaWillowa 2
International Relations Office
phone.: +48 (33) 8279 356
phone./fax: +48 (33) 8279 447
From Saturday, February 27, new regulations enter into force:
Stay healthy and safe!
Your IRO UBB
The Department of Computer Science and Automatics launched a new Erasmus+ Project entitled Innovations for Big Data in a Real World (iBIG World). The project aims to join together HEIs, business in order to address the competencies and compatible job profile. This collaboration will provide innovative solutions to develop BigData experts. The project's learning framework is based on IEEE guidelines for big data in Machine Learning.
The project is carried out by a consortium of four universities: the University of Bielsko-Biała, University of Library Studies and Information Technology (Bulgaria), University of Nis (Serbia), and Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. The consortium is coordinated by professor Vasyl Martsenyuk.
Find out more about the project: http://ibigworld.ni.ac.rs/
Most of our Erasmus+ students from Spain, Turkey, and Madeira have already arrived! Welcome to Poland!
Please take note of the following information that will help you prepare for the beginning of your studies.
- The summer semester begins next Monday, February 22. The lecture period ends on 14.04.2021. For more information click here.
- Due to corona restrictions, most courses will be offered online until further notice.
- Our Welcome Days will be organized at the start of next week. You will be able to meet other students, learn more about Bielsko-Biala, Poland and Polish culture, and last but not least, about the University of Bielsko-Biala. The first virtual Welcome Meeting is on Monday, February 22, 18:00-19:30. To join the meeting, please use the MS Teams code and/or the link that was sent to you by Mrs. Dagmara Mika.
- Please note the regularly updated information about the Covid-19 situation for international students.
This event will take place from January 19th to February 3rd and will consist of a series of webinars. We will start with a general webinar to get you acquainted with the research landscape in France and the basics of doctoral studies, including funding opportunities. 4 thematic webinars will follow, on the following topics: Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Health and Life sciences and Artificial Intelligence applied to Environment.
During these webinars, you will be able to listen to, meet and ask questions to representatives of Doctoral Schools in French universities, Campus France, Alumni and other important French stakeholders. If you want to know more about research in France, are considering enrolling in a PhD Program abroad or simply spending some time abroad for your research project, this event is for you! France is a world leader in scientific research and we will give you all the information you need to experience it!
The programme of our first webinar, "The basics of research and doctoral studies in France", January 19th at 5pm, will include:
• A presentation and tips on doctoral schools, enrollment, research opportunities, funding, etc. by Aude Chanson, head of the Research Unit at Campus France and Melike Riollet, International Affairs Manager at Association Bernard Gregory
• An interview of Veronika Leláková, who recently graduated in the frame of a PhD joint supervision between France and the Czech Republic
• A question and answer session
We strongly advise you to attend this first session before joining any of the thematic webinars.
To attend the webinars, please register by filling this form (at least one day prior to the date the chosen webinars are taking place): https://bit.ly/3b5QB6h
We are looking forward to e-meeting you!
Responsable de Campus France Pologne, antenne à Cracovie et France Alumni Pologne
The University of Bielsko-Biala cooperates with many academic centres and research institutes all over the world to build partnerships to help better the experience for students. The number of bilateral agreements is growing rapidly each year – nowadays we have over 100 Erasmus+ agreements in EU and beyond, as well as about 50 bilateral agreements covering scientific and educational cooperation with foreign partners. read more>